Tuesday, October 30, 2012

DIY Marble Run

A marble run is one of those classic toys that every little boy has to have, don't you think?  I first saw a homemade marble run similar to this one at a friends house and knew I had to make one.  And with Joe's birthday coming up, the timing couldn't have been more perfect.  Unfortunately I didn't take pictures along the way... so if you want to make one, you can do the same thing we did and wing it (sorry).  But I do have to give Pete the credit for this one.  He bought the supplies, measured everything out, and put the screws in... so pretty much everything.  I sanded down parts, stained it, and helped with the measuring.  All I know is this thing is a rock!  Pete built it knowing that 4 little boys would be playing with it for many years to come. Well done Pete.

IMG_7450 IMG_7451
A close up of one of the corners

And here it is in action:

1 comments:

  1. Hi, how did you create the actual pieces of wood that the marbles roll down? Router?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...